Thrilled to see Expat Harem top this list of best expat books in the Turkish newspaper Daily Sabah. Thanks to Expat Harem book and blog writer Catherine Yiğit for the heads up! Leyla Yvonne Ergil writes, "Many an expat has penned their experiences of living of Turkey in captivating accounts of the beauty of the landscape and cultural divides...
"...some of the best reads to laugh, commiserate, and experience the wonder that is Istanbul through foreign eyes."
Glad to be included on this list with:
- "Fez of the Heart: Travels around Turkey in Search of a Hat" by Jeremy Seal
- "Living Under the Shadow of Two Cultures" by Hugette Eyüboğlu
- "Beyond the Orchard" by Azize Ethem
- "Tea & Bee's Milk: Our Year In A Turkish Village" by Karen and Ray Gilden
- "The Yogurt Man Cometh" by Kevin Revolinski
- "Life With a View: A Turkish Quest" by Toni Sepeda
- "Anatolian Days and Nights: A Love Affair with Turkey, Land of Dervishes, Goddesses, and Saints" by Joy Stocke and Angie Brenner
- "An Island in Istanbul: At Home on Heybeliada" by M.A. Whitten
- "Perking the Pansies: Jack and Liam move to Turkey" by Jack Scott
- "Inside Out In Istanbul" by Lisa Morrow
- "Turkey with Stuffin: A Scrumptious Tale of Adventure and Just Desserts" by Kym Ciftci
And thanks to Elle Loftis for recommending the book in her top 10 Turkey reads in Today's Zaman paper.