There goes half the year. Time for a holiday, whether you got your stuff done or not. Apparently, this is your brain, on vacation: a fun break from routine is not a luxury -- it's a requirement in stress relief.
Preparing for the upcoming Global Niche webinar (stay in the loop by joining our GN page), last month I asked for your burning question. A lot of you say you've been thinking about your effectiveness in life, work, play -- and how priorities and time management manifest in our final result.
I hear you! I've come to see this quest to achieve our best situation (both micro and macro) -- that is, truly our global niche -- as the creative entrepreneurship of self.
We are our own enterprise, after all. A work in progress. A human mission statement.
Seeking/building/maintaining our global niche is an investment in self that pays off...
- Whether it's a quest to play on a bigger stage like wise living coach Tara Sophia Mohr.
- Or a deliberation to migrate to a nation with our preferred economics like Sezin Koehler at expat+HAREM this month.
- Or making the huge life-career choice of people/time over things/money like author marketing educator Dan Blank announced this week.
- Or pinpointing what exactly community means to us (to create the lifestyle we envision whether it's local or global, we need to be clear on this!) like the people in this video.
- Or the 70+ life and work hacks from career renegades, zen habitues, and cubicle escapees at Chris "The Art of Non-conformity" Guillebeau's World Domination Summit in Portland, Oregon this month where "the road less traveled starts to look like the standard path." (Download Chris' free guide "How to live a remarkable life in a conventional world", no sign-up required)
These breaks from routine pay off.
+++++ YOUR THOUGHTS
Send us your problem: What's the main obstacle to being effective in whatever you do? What stops you from creating the lifestyle you envision for yourself?
P.S. Check out our brand new time-saving, graphic Scoop-It page on all-things-global niche. Potent, right!?
+++++ MISS LAST MONTH?
Check out May's "Flowering" +++++