This was a fun day, meeting female founders and hearing what you're up to, like
- Dreamers & Doers, a grassroots movement for trailblazing women (Gesche Haas)
- International Career Compass, a bingeable book on international careers (Leslie Forman)
- ObjectiveFS, a Dropbox for your website (Grace Nordin)
- What It's Like, for crowd-sourced seasonal travel recommendations (Marina Janeiko)
- Savon Box, a natural bath & spa subscription box (Chloe Alpert)
- Toast.world, pioneering a new business model for home goods manufacturers (Jenny Hardy)
and what you're up against, for instance
- product/market fit
- VC or no C
- marketing technology in human terms
- how to be a better boss to yourself
- finding the next platform for your market
Some notable quotes:
"Give people tools to reach their own goals."
"I want to bridge the gap between science and art."
"Charge. With a new venture, there's no precedence for getting it free. Make money as soon as you can. Everything costs."
"Roadmaps are a symptom of distrust."
"Survey your existing customers to get a description of your product in human terms other customers will recognize. Outsource the writing of case studies in an authentic voice."
"By 2020 50% of the population will identify as freelancers."
"Get champions for your community, beach heads that bring in others."
Thanks for coming out, and here's to your next steps!
https://twitter.com/shefaly/status/606532214470361088 https://twitter.com/AnastasiaAshman/status/606594832102916097 https://twitter.com/gracenordin/status/606553394879160320 https://twitter.com/leslieforman/status/606655705660059648 https://twitter.com/AnastasiaAshman/status/606663455748300800